The 25th CEEMAN Annual Conference took place from 20-22 September in Hangzhou, China, and was hosted by School of Management, Zhejiang University. Hangzhou, known as the Silicon valley in paradise, is the epicenter of China’s tech industry and important center of economic development and education.
CEEMAN Annual Conference is the most important annual event of CEEMAN – the International Management Development Association for Dynamic Societies. In the past years, CEEMAN has been strengthening its links with China, and organizing CEEMAN Annual Conference for the first time in China was an important step to facilitate cooperation within Belt and Road Initiative.
The conference topic was Rethinking Entrepreneurship: Challenges for Management Education in Rising Economies, and the conference provided an opportunity to discuss latest trends, key issues, opportunities and challenges in the areas of entrepreneurship, innovations, and sustainability and see how business/management education can better support these processes to foster more effective entrepreneurship development around the world.
Besides keynote addresses, presentations and highly interactive roundtables with speakers and participants, the conference included company visits and meetings with entrepreneurs in Hangzhou in order to understand different stakeholders’ perspectives, the latest trends in innovations, and related entrepreneurship development needs.
Several side events also took place, including a number of pre-conference sessions, exhibition opportunities for publishers and partners, individual Dean2Dean advisory meetings, CEEMAN’s IQA-International Quality Accreditation session, CEEMAN Annual Meeting, and CEEMAN Awards Ceremony.
POSTER SESSION FOR FACULTY AND RESEARCHERS
Faculty and researchers showcased their work (teaching case studies, research, teaching tools & techniques, and other experience) at a poster session related to the overall theme of the 25th CEEMAN Annual Conference: “Rethinking Entrepreneurship: Challenges for Management Education in Rising Economies” on Wednesday, 20 September.
Wednesday, 20 September 2017
- Company Visits and meetings with entrepreneurs (Alibaba, Wensli, Geely)
- Poster session by faculty and researchers "Rethinking Entrepreneurship: Challenges for Management Education in Rising Economies"
- Welcome reception
Thursday, 21 September 2017
Conference Day 1
- 25th CEEMAN Annual Conference "Rethinking Entrepreneurship: Challenges for Management Education in Rising Economies" - keynote addresses by high-level representatives of Chinese government, representatives of management education and business
- Entrepreneurship development in China – issues and opportunities
- Panel with business and education representatives from China
- Entrepreneurship development around the world
- Recognition of excellence and relevance in management education – CEEMAN IQA Accreditation
Friday, 22 September 2017
Conference Day 2
- Bonus session "Assessing Management Development Needs" - Insights from CEEMAN research
- continuation of 25th CEEMAN Annual Conference "Rethinking Entrepreneurship: Challenges for Management Education in Rising Economies" - panels
- CEEMAN Annual Meeting (open to all conference participants)
- Award Ceremony (new CEEMAN members, IQA accredited institutions, CEEMAN Case Writing Competition winners, CEEMAN Champion Award winners)
- Gala Dinner
Saturday, 23 September 2017
- Sightseeing and Zhejiang University campus tour