The 24th CEEMAN Annual Conference was held on 28-30 September in Tallinn, Estonia, hosted by Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration (TSEBA).
The conference was the central annual event of CEEMAN, gathering deans and directors of universities and business schools from around the world, leaders of international and regional management development institutions, international publishers and partners, as well business, government and media representatives.
The conference topic was Management Education for a Digital World, and since Estonia has a strong information technology sector and has been mentioned as the most "wired" and advanced country in Europe in the terms of e-Government and successful tech start-ups and initiatives, the conference participants had the opportunity to experience it first-hand.
Expert presentations, panels and workshops addressed, among other, the questions of:
- How advanced or lagging behind are educators in answering the trends and development needs of their "more digital" clients?
- How can business schools and companies work together better, including in the areas of entrepreneurship and big data?
- How "digital" are business schools themselves?
Besides presentations and highly interactive roundtables with speakers and participants, the conference included visits to e-Estonia showroom and companies to better understand the issues, trends and development needs of high-tech startups and big companies dealing with technology.
Several side events also took place, including a number of pre-conference sessions, exhibition opportunities for publishers and partners, individual Dean2Dean advisory meetings, CEEMAN’s IQA-International Quality Accreditation workshop, CEEMAN Annual Meeting, and CEEMAN Awards Ceremony.
POSTER SESSION FOR FACULTY AND RESEARCHERS
Faculty and researchers were invited to showcase their work (teaching case studies, research, teaching tools & techniques, and other experience) at a poster session related to the overall theme of the 24th CEEMAN Annual Conference: “Management Education for a Digital World” on Wednesday, 28 September.
Next CEEMAN Annual Conference will take place in China!
Wednesday, 28 September 2016
- 2nd PRME CEE Chapter Meeting “Boosting Social Entrepreneurship through Management Education”
- Individual Dean2Dean advisory meetings
- Presentations by publishers and partners
- Poster session by faculty and researchers "My Solution to Educational Challenges in the Digital World"
- Welcome drink
Thursday, 29 September 2016
Conference Day 1
- Experiential workshop "Digital Realities", including visit to e-Estonia showroom, meetings with companies, and brainstorming session at Garage48 Hub
- Presentation of preliminary findings of CEEMAN Research on Management and Leadership Development Needs
- 24th CEEMAN Annual Conference "Management Education for a Digital World" - keynote presentations
Friday, 30 September 2016
Conference Day 2
Saturday, 1 October 2016
- Tallinn sightseeing, including lunch