The 26th CEEMAN Annual Conference titled “Redefining Management Education: Excellence and Relevance” took place on 19-21 September 2018 in the city of Prague, Czech Republic. CEEMAN Annual Conference is the most important annual event of CEEMAN – the International Association for Management Development in Dynamic Societies.
The 2018 Annual Conference dealt with topics that have been very high on the agenda of management education professionals and who tackle questions such as: how to make management education more relevant in order to prepare future corporate leaders and successful entrepreneurs, how to make academic research more relevant, and how can the gap between management practice and education be narrowed, etc.
We are proud to announce that Roger Martin, who was named the world’s #1 management thinker by Thinkers50 in 2017, and Johan Roos joined us at the conference as keynote speakers to share their views on redefining management education.
Besides keynote addresses, presentations and highly interactive roundtables with speakers and participants, the conference also included several side events, such as company visits, pre-conference sessions, exhibition opportunities for publishers and partners, individual Dean2Dean advisory meetings, CEEMAN’s IQA-International Quality Accreditation session, CEEMAN Annual Meeting, and CEEMAN Awards Ceremony.
The conference was co-organized with University of New York in Prague, the largest and leading English language higher education institution in the Czech Republic. Established in 1998, UNYP offers accredited Bachelor's, Master's, MBA, and PhD programs in English as an officially recognized higher education institution in the Czech Republic, and in partnership with prestigious international universities in the United States and Europe. UNYP has an international student body (800 students from over 60 different countries) and the most diverse and international faculty in the Czech Republic.
Wednesday, 19 September 2018
- 9:30 Registration opens
- 10:00 – 12:00 Peregrine Academic Services Workshop on Accreditation and Learning Outcomes (more)
- 13:00 – 14:00 Session on Hidden Champions in CEE (latest update and insights from international research consortium)
- 14:00 – 17:00 Individual Dean2Dean meetings
- 17:00 – 19:00 Poster session for faculty and researchers (download schedule)
- 19:00 – 20:30 Welcome drink at the hotel
Thursday, 20 September 2018
- 09:30 – 13:00 Pre-conference workshop: company visits
- 13:30 – 15:00 Lunch at the hotel
- 15:00 – 19:00 Conference opening (keynotes, business panel, CEEMAN Manifesto presentation)
- 19:30 – 22:00 Dinner at Kolkovna Celnice (an Original Pilsner Restaurant)
Friday, 21 September 2018
- 09:00 – 9:45 CEEMAN IQA session
- 10:00 – 18:00 Conference - continued (panels, roundtables, World Café, CEEMAN Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony)
- 19:30 – 23:00 Gala dinner and 25th CEEMAN Anniversary celebration, St. Agnes Convent
Saturday, 22 September 2018
- 10:00 – 14:00 Guided tour of Prague (historical tram ride, tour of Prague Castle)