Management education has been facing unprecedented disruption over the past few months. Businesses and educators had to think on their feet for the short term as well as for the future. With the upcoming virtual CEEMAN Annual Conference, we invite you to share own experience but even more importantly, to look beyond management and get ideas and inspiration for truly innovative and future-oriented new management education solutions. This year, in a fully online mode.
More than 30 countries from around the world are already represented at the Conference, join your flag or add a new one to the ones already registered!
Professors Dominique Turcq and Jan Hagen are two of the four keynotes we will be hosting, and have shared some words on the topics we will be discussing during the conference.
Benefits of participation:
3 days of insights, inspiration, and experience exchange
- Join, interact, or view recordings and materials at your own pace
- 2 weeks of advance online platform access for networking and connecting
- 4 excellent keynotes with remarkable findings of high relevance for management - from biology, neuroscience, airplane industry experience, and arts (24 September)
- Latest experience from management education leaders all over the world and opportunity to share your own insights (25 September) on:
- new business models for management education;
- research development;
- teaching and learning.
- Recent research and teaching practices to contribute with and learn from at the poster session for faculty and researchers (pre-conference, 23 September)
- Attendance of CEEMAN Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony (24&25 September)
- Access to networking platform, all conference materials, and session recordings 4 weeks after the event
- Possibility to post your materials in a dedicated section of the conference online platform before, during and after the event
- Individual meetings or side sessions opportunities on the online platform
- Warm online social events and exclusive live concert of Teo Collori & Momento Cigano
- Additional participants from your institution for only EUR 70 per person
- Certificate of participation provided upon request
To provide for a collaborative and inclusive space, we encourage deans and leaders of educational institutions to bring their faculty, staff, as well as students and alumni to the event to enrich the discussions, bring diversity of perspectives, and share a common vision.
For possibility of hosting side meetings, workshops and sessions within the Conference in the first half of the day on 23-25 September 2020, please contact CEEMAN at firstname.lastname@example.org. In partnership with:
We invite faculty members and researchers to showcase your work at the online CEEMAN poster session related to the overall theme of the conference. The poster session is an opportunity to display innovations faculty members and researchers have implemented during the last months. Even when these innovations are still at an experimental phase, presenting them to the CEEMAN community will give the chance of finding support and receiving valuable feedback. You can also consider innovations tested in the past and that you believe could be relevant in the new current circumstances.
Submit to: email@example.com with the subject “CEEMAN Poster session”
Read more here.
All times stated in the program are CEST time zone (Ljubljana/Brussels)! Wednesday, 23 September
13:00 - 14:30 Responsible Management Education - Focus on Relevance,
PRME Session moderated by Mette Morsing
, Head of PRME, USA
- Danica Purg, President of CEEMAN and IEDC-Bled School of Management, Slovenia
- Norman de Paula Arruda Filho, President of Instituto Superior de Administraçao e Economia – ISAE, Brazil
- Andrew Jack, Global Education Editor, the Financial Times, UK
- Mikolaj Pindelski, PRME CEE Chapter Coordinator, Vice-Dean for Master Studies, SGH Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
14:00 - 16:20 CEEMAN Poster session session
and experience sharing of faculty and researchers on the topic of How We Adapted, So Far?
, moderated by Claudio Rivera
, Deputy Director, Riga Business School, Latvia
The poster session is an opportunity to display innovations faculty members and researchers have implemented during the last months. Even when these innovations are still at an experimental phase, presenting them to the CEEMAN community will give the chance of finding support and receiving valuable feedback. You can also consider innovations tested in the past and that you believe could be relevant in the new current circumstances. Read more
18:00 - 18:30 Networking online Thursday, 24 September
Pre-conference sessions Ideas and Inspiration for Management Development from Fields Beyond Management
14:00 - 14:10 Greetings and introduction
to the Conference by Danica Purg
, CEEMAN President
14:10 - 14:15 Introduction from session moderators
- Nicola Kleyn, CEEMAN Vice President for Africa, Dean of Executive Education, RSM, the Netherlands
- Vanina Farber, ELEA Foundation Professor of Social Innovation, IMD, Switzerland
14:15 - 14:35 Why Biology Becomes Part of Management Science
Keynote by Dominique Turcq
, Founder and the President of the Boostzone Institute, France
The COVID-19 crisis has put biology on the forefront of news for several months. But the new developments of biology are not just around fighting a virus. Biology is actually becoming a major issue for corporations, leaders, decision makers, people as citizens or as consumers. This science will provoke major changes in business models, product development, people management, legal systems, management models, CSR models, ethical models. Understanding and managing issues linked to biology will become part of the CEO’s new hard and soft skills. Management education has to consider an understanding of biology as a must in all programs.
14:35 - 14:50 Reflections and dialogue
with Dominique Turcq
14:50 - 15:00 Break
15:00 - 15:20 What Can We Learn from Error Management in Airplane Industry?
Keynote by Jan Hagen
, Associate Professor at ESMT, Germany
High-reliability organizations like nuclear power plants, hospitals or airlines are domains, which are not immediately associated with innovation and open leadership culture. However, a closer look at these organizations reveals they are applying principles that can provide inspiration for management in unexpected ways.
15:20 - 15:35 Reflections and dialogue
with Jan Hagen
15:35 - 15:45 Break
15:45 - 16:05 What Can We Learn from the Arts?
Keynote by Haris Pašović
, award-winning film and theater director, Bosnia and Herzegovina
More than ever, in our age of globalization, big data, AI, and increasing uncertainty, leaders have to operate with great vision and finest concepts and using their imagination. They need to sharpen their perceptions and distinguish their intuition from all other complex feelings and thoughts. Art is an inspirational source for leaders to gain these qualities.
16:05 - 16:20 Reflections and dialogue
with Haris Pašović
16:20 - 16:30 Break
16:30 - 17:00 Post-Corona Corporate Soul Healing
Keynote by Miha Pogačnik, Cultural Entrepreneur, Social Artivist and Ambassador of Culture of the Republic of Slovenia
We are born with hearing but we have to learn to listen! If we as leaders learn to truly actively listen, and more: if listening to our colleagues radiates authentic interest and empathy – then the portals of the soul open up and leadership takes on the quality of healing. How do we get there? Miha will take you on creative detour through musical masterpiece.
17:00 - 17:30 CEEMAN Awards Ceremony
- Welcome to new members (CEEMAN President)
- Presentation of IQA accredited schools (CEEMAN IQA Director and Accreditation Committee President)
- Winners of the CEEMAN Case Writing Competition in collaboration with Emerald (jury and Emerald representatives)
- Winners of the CEEMAN Champion Awards in teaching, research, institutional management and responsible management education (jury representatives for each category)
Concluding inspiration by Miha Pogačnik
17:30 - 18:30 A glass of wine and friendly chat online Friday, 25 September
10:00 – 11:30 CEEMAN’s IQA - International Quality Accreditation: Putting Relevance upfront
- Derek F Abell, IQA Accreditation Committee President
- Irina Sennikova, RISEBA University of Applied Sciences, Latvia
- Grzegorz Mazurek, Rector of Kozminski University, Poland
- Iryna Tykhomyrova, President of International Management Institute MIM-Kyiv, Ukraine
13:00 – 13:45 CEEMAN Annual Meeting
Extraordinary Stories and Inspiration from CEEMAN members
- Report on CEEMAN activities and plans
- Inputs and discussion with members
14:00 - 14:10 Welcome to the second Conference day
by Danica Purg
, CEEMAN President
14:10 - 14:40 Extraordinary stories and inspiration from CEEMAN members
Introduction to parallel sessions by facilitators:
- Denis Konanchuk, Director of Corporate Education Department, Moscow School of Management “SKOLKOVO”, Russia
- Andrzej Popadiuk, President of Gdansk Foundation for Management Development, Poland
- Jim Walsh, Arthur F. Thurnau Professor and the Gerald and Esther Carey Professor of Business Administration at the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business, USA
14:40 - 14:50 Break
14:50 - 16:00 Extraordinary stories and inspiration from CEEMAN members
co-created together with participants - facilitated smaller group discussions on individual topics
Session 1: NEW BUSINESS MODELS FOR MANAGEMENT EDUCATION
Facilitated by Denis Konanchuk, Director of Corporate Education Department, Moscow School of Management “SKOLKOVO”, Russia
Introductory inputs by:
- Yerbol Suleimenov, Rector of Almaty Management University, Kazakhstan
- Meelis Kitsing, Rector, Estonian Business School, Estonia
- Helena Van Zyl, University of Free State Business School, South Africa (tbc)
Session 2: RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT
Facilitated by: Jim Walsh, Arthur F. Thurnau Professor and the Gerald and Esther Carey Professor of Business Administration at the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business, USA
Introductory inputs by:
- Irina Skorobogatykh, Head of Marketing Department, Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Russia
- Suddha Chakravartti, Head of Research, EU Business School, Switzerland
- Larry Zhou, Associate Dean, School of Management, Zhejiang University, China
Session 3: TEACHING AND LEARNING
Facilitated by: Andrzej Popadiuk, President of Gdansk Foundation for Management Development, Poland
Introductory inputs by:
- Johannes Siebert, Professor, MCI Management Center Innsbruck, Austria
- DTEK, Ukraine (tbc) – corporate academy perspective
- Caucasus School of Business, Georgia (tbc)
16:00 – 16:30 Plenary with reports from parallel sessions by facilitators
16:30 – 16:40 Break
16:40 – 17:10 Alliance of Management Development Associations in Rising Economies – together we are stronger
Introduction of the Alliance of Management Development Associations in Rising Economics and next steps by Presidents of Alliance partner associations:
- AABS - African Association of Business Schools
- ANGRAD - the National Association of Business Administration Undergraduate Courses of Brazil
- BMDA - Baltic Management Development Association
- CEEMAN - the International Association for Management Development in Dynamic Societies
- CLADEA - the Latin American Council of Management Schools
- FORUM - the Association of Management Development Education in Poland
- RABE - Russian Association of Business Education
17:00 - 17:30 Exclusive live concert by Teo Collori&Memento Cigano
Conference partners, supporters and exhibitors Conference partners
Conference exhibitors and supporters
CEEMAN invites you to participate as exhibitors and gain visibility at the 28th CEEMAN Annual Conference: Ideas and Inspiration for Management Development from Fields Beyond Management to be held on 23-25 September 2020 online and present your services, products, and projects to the conference participants on an award-winning learning and collaboration platform. The chosen virtual event tool is MiTeam, an all-in-one award-winning platform (no additional downloads or apps) that allows for livestreaming, interaction, recording of sessions, participants’ profiles and interests, posting and downloading materials, networking, building a community and much more.
This year, we are inviting deans and directors from prominent business schools around the world, as well as professors, students and administrative staff who are expected to participate in the event and exchange their experiences, views and ideas.
See exhibitors' packages here
We welcome further ideas and suggestions to make your presence at the conference productive and mutually beneficial!
For more information and to set up a virtual tour through the platform, please contact: