CEEMAN Case Writing Competition
24th CEEMAN Case Writing Competition in partnership with Emerald
2018 CEEMAN Case Writing Competition is open!
The aim of the competition is to encourage and promote the development of high-quality teaching case material relevant for the realities of dynamic and emerging economies, and at the same time promote the development of case-writing capabilities in those countries.
In the spirit of a fully inclusive competition, global submissions are encouraged.
The co-organizers will support global exposure of the submitted high-quality cases through a direct link with the Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies collection. All case submissions will be considered for international publication.
The total CEEMAN/Emerald award prize pool is worth over €10,000, including €4,000 prize money. Prizes are awarded to the overall winner and two runners-up.
Compulsory submission criteria
- Cases should have a developing and emerging markets focus (Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa, Asia, Oceania and Middle East).
- All cases should be teaching cases based on a real situation in a real company, with a clear decision-making situation, and prepared in accordance with case writing guidelines provided in the instructional materials below.
- Academic (research) cases will not be accepted for evaluation by the jury.
- Submitted case studies should not have been published before in their current or substantially similar form, or be under consideration for publication in any ISSN/ ISBN-registered publication or with any other case-centre.
- All case studies must be accompanied by a consent to publish release form which has been completed and signed by the management of the company or individuals included in the case.
- Please consult the competition evaluation checklist before submitting your case.
The value of the total prize pool is over €10,000, which will be distributed as follows:
The overall winner will be awarded:
- Monetary prize of €2,500
- Publication of the case in Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies
- Free participation at the 26th CEEMAN Annual Conference in Prague, Czech Republic on September 19-21, 2018 (includes participation at the conference and Gala Dinner, conference materials, meals, and up to two nights, single room accommodation at the conference hotel; travel costs are not included)
- A 100% scholarship for participation CEEMAN International Management Teachers Academy, IMTA
The first runner-up will be awarded:
The second runner-up will be awarded:
Top ten case authors will be provided with 12-month free subscription to an Emerald journal.
Depending on the quality and number of submissions, additional awards may be bestowed in different categories. If a winning case has more than one author, the prize will be split among the co-authors (the prize may be subject to local taxes). Full evaluations from the competition judging panel will be made available to authors upon request.
Enter the competition
Entries should be submitted to the CEEMAN 2018 Special Issue at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/eemcs.
All cases must be prepared in accordance with the Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies collection author guidelines. Page two of the guidelines contains instructions on submitting through ScholarOne Manuscripts.
The following documents must be submitted:
- Case title page
- Case teaching note
- Case release document from the management of the company or individuals included in the case (see Consent to Publish Form)
Cases will be automatically entered into the peer review process. Selected cases will be published in Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies [EEMCS] collection [ISSN 2045-0621]. By participating in the competition, you are automatically agreeing to having your case study published in EEMCS, providing it is accepted for publication after peer review and rounds of revision [if required].
Case submission deadline: 25 May 2018
Authors notified about the competition results: 3 September 2018
Case Writing Competition Award: 21 September 2018, 26th CEEMAN Annual Conference Award Ceremony in Prague, Czech Republic.
Guidance materials for authors
- Author Guidelines
- Tips on preparing and submitting case studies
- Competition evaluation checklist
Emerald reserves the right to publish the cases submitted for the competition. If the editorial team of the Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies collection would like to publish a case submission, the editor will contact the author with an offer to do so.
If, twelve months after the deadline for submissions has passed, Emerald has not contacted the author about publishing his/her case, Emerald will waive its first claim to publication and the authors will be free to submit their case to another publication.
In the event of publication, authors will retain the academic freedom to contribute to the wider distribution and readership of their work. This includes the right to use their work as part of their own teaching. The rights retained by the author are explained fully in the Emerald Authors' Charter.