CEEMAN Champion Awards
Call for CEEMAN Champion Awards 2017 is closed!
CEEMAN Champion Awards 2017 call for nominations is closed. Judges will reach their decision by the beginning of August and the awards will be announced at the 25th CEEMAN Annual Conference in September 2017.
What are the CEEMAN Champion Awards?
Each year, starting in 2010, CEEMAN recognizes outstanding achievements of individuals associated with CEEMAN.
Four awards are foreseen each year:
- Award for outstanding achievement by an individual faculty member in teaching
- Award for outstanding achievement by an individual faculty member in research
- Award for outstanding achievement by an individual in fostering responsible management education
- Award for outstanding achievement by a management, faculty, or staff member in institutional management
What criteria will be used and how will awards be judged?
Criteria are deliberately left rather open.
The teaching award will be given for any of, or a combination of, the following:
- A video of a class taught, together with a written brief explaining the teaching objectives, teaching strategy, desired timing, blackboard plan, expected take-home, and how it fits with previous and subsequent sessions
- A course outline which has been already taught, together with a written brief explaining overall teaching objectives, teaching plan, and how the various sessions contribute to the overall desired result
- A description of an original innovative teaching process or methodology which has been already used together with a written brief explaining how it relates to other methodologies, what special benefits it offers, development costs incurred by the institution, and potential transferability to other CEEMAN institutions
The judges will be looking at the original contribution made in any or all of the above with a special eye for how it is especially relevant to the needs of students and/or executives in the respective local environment. The judges will also expect to hear how the achievement contributes to the institution’s overall vision and strategy. Applications for this award will include a record of the nominee's recent teaching evaluations and how these compare to the averages in the institution or department (to be provided by the institution or academic department).
The research award will be given for any of, or a combination of, the following:
- a finished and published research paper, article, or book
- a portfolio of published research focused on a specific theme or issue
As with other awards, the judges will have special eye for how the research is likely to contribute to practice and knowledge in the local environment and how it contributes to the institution’s vision and strategy.
The responsible management education award will be given for any of, or a combination of the following:
- Contribution to institutional progress in implementing principles for responsible management education (PRME) and achieving PRME objectives by instilling the purpose and values of global social responsibility, adapting curricula, teaching methodologies and processes, conducting conceptual and empirical research, and developing educational materials, concepts and frameworks to embed corporate responsibility and sustainability into the mainstream of the institution’s business-related education.
- Facilitation and support to a dialogue among management educators, businesses, government, consumers, media, civic society organizations and other learning partners on critical issues related to global social responsibility and sustainability, and building partnerships and alliances aimed at more effective responding to the related challenges.
As with other awards, the judges will have a special eye for how the accomplishment is likely to contribute to business practice and knowledge in the local environment and how it contributes to the institution’s vision and strategy.
The institutional management award will be given for any of, or a combination of, the following:
- the building of a particular resource, for example, faculty, staff, or a specific institutional competence
- a program portfolio or research portfolio for the institution
- the organization as whole (structure, internal processes, culture)
- corporate and business relationships
- an innovative approach to managing a specific staff function (e.g. finance, marketing, operations, student relations, alumni activities)
As for other awards, the judges will have an eye for how the accomplishment is especially relevant to the local environment and how it contributes to the institution’s overall vision and strategy.
How detailed and how long should the submission be?
Maximum five pages of main text with appendices and/or video material, accompanied by a nomination/recommendation letter from the Dean or equivalent.
What are the deadlines?
Submissions had to be made by 30 June 2017.
At a time when many, if not most, CEEMAN member schools are not ranked by major ranking systems like the Financial Times, the CEEMAN Board has been looking for other ways to publicize widely the outstanding achievements of our member institutions and their faculty, management, and staff.
Award winners can expect considerable PR and press coverage of the awards ceremony in local and international media as well as direct benefits to their personal and institutional reputation.
Award winners will be invited free of charge to the 25th CEEMAN Annual Conference (conference fee waiver and coverage of hotel expenses for two nights), which will be held from 20-23 September 2017 in Hangzhou, China, to officially receive the Award Cup (created by famous Gigodesign, Slovenia) at the conference award ceremony. (If a submission involves multiple authors or a team, then a team leader/ representative should be selected to receive the award).
Interview with CEEMAN Champions 2016 (CEEMAN News #82)
Interview with CEEMAN Champions 2015 (CEEMAN News # 78)
Interview with CEEMAN Champions 2014 (CEEMAN News #74)
Interview with CEEMAN Champions 2013 (CEEMAN News #70)
Interview with CEEMAN Champions 2012 (CEEMAN News #66)
Interview with CEEMAN Champions 2011 (CEEMAN News #62)
Interview with CEEMAN Champions 2010 (CEEMAN News #58)