A team of seasoned professors from various fields led the participants through the engaging and challenging program:
- Jim Ellert, Academic Director of IMTA, Emeritus Professor and Former Dean of Faculty at IMD, Switzerland, and visiting professor at IEDC-Bled School of Management, Slovenia
- Joe Pons, President of AXIOMA Marketing Consultants, previously Marketing Professor at IESE International Graduate School of Management, Spain
- JB Kassarjian, Emeritus Professor, IMD, Switzerland and Professor of Management at Babson College, USA
- Krzysztof Obloj, Professor of Strategic Management at the School of Management at Warsaw University and Kozminski University, Poland
- Arshad Ahmad, Associate Vice President at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, and Director of McMaster’s Institute for Innovation and Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Tony F. Buono, Professor of Management and Sociology and Executive Director, Bentley Alliance for Ethics and Social Responsibility, USA
While the first week of IMTA focused on common issues related to general aspects of management education with special emphasis on the case method and interactive teaching methodologies, the second week was divided into four disciplinary tracks: Business in Society, Marketing Management, Leading Change, and Strategic and International Management, which gave the participants the chance to focus on their particular development needs more specifically. Both weeks had the participants face situations that challenged their teaching skills and attitudes by means of insightful case discussions, simulations, role-play, and other work methods which put the participants - teachers turned students - at the center of the learning process.
The intensive program required from the participants extensive preparations and undivided attention, so several more relaxing activities were also organized. The CEEMAN team took them to the picturesque island on Lake Bled, a whole-day trip to the world-famous Postojna Cave and the Adriatic town of Piran, while after the graduation ceremony on 28 June, they were treated to a tasty dinner at the medieval Bled Castle overlooking the lake.
"All of the professors were really great. I got much more than I have ever expected. Insight, ideas, confusion, humour."
- Alexey Dunaevsky, Head of Development, Director of Marketing School, IPM Business School, Belarus
"The content was very well adjusted, concentrated, and valuable; I am definitely going to use it in my future development."
- IMTA 2018 participant
"An excellent choice of topics and the perfect guidance I needed at this point of my teaching career. I feel as though I have gained a lot from the IMTA program and I look forward to stepping up to the challenge of following the steps of some of these incredible professors. I come out of this a better person and a better teacher for sure!"
- IMTA 2018 participant
"I am immensely thankful to all of the faculty members for opening my eyes to many issues: not only through their contributions, but also our interactions, and what I understood and realised about many things and myself."
- Piotr Trąpczyński, Assistant Professor at Poznan University of Economics and Business, Poland
"The professors gave me first-hand experience how to make students fully engaged in the class participations, group work. They complemented their topics perfectly to illustrate the benefits of the action-oriented approach to teaching through case studies."
- Aleša Saša Sitar, Assistant Professor at the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Economics, Slovenia
IMTA 2018 has started!
IMTA: Developing a new generation of management educators for a new generation of leaders