Delegates were welcomed by Professor Danica Purg, President of CEEMAN and IEDC – Bled School of Management, Asoc. Prof. Irina Sennikova, RISEBA University Rector and CEEMAN Vice President, and Mr. Andrew Main Wilson, CEO, Association of MBAs (AMBA) and PRME Steering Committee Chair. Mr. Jonas Haertle, Head of the PRME Secretariat at the UN Global Compact, also welcomed participants stating, "We are very encouraged by the launch of the new PRME CEE Chapter, which brings together top business schools and management departments of the region. The fact that the new PRME Chapter already counts PRME signatories in EU countries, Russia as well as other CIS countries shows that business and business education benefits and, importantly, can contribute to cross-national and regional dialog. We encourage the PRME Chapter to focus on activities to raise awareness about responsible management education and practices and the new UN Sustainable Development Goals."
The newly established PRME Chapter CEE was also honored to receive a welcome address from H.E. Maris Kucinskis, Prime Minister of the Republic of Latvia.
Prof. Garry Bruton from Neely School of Business and Texas Christian University and Prof. Soumodip Sarkar from University of Evora and the Harvard University Asia Center provided keynote speeches. The meeting also held a panel for business participants, which included representatives of the Global Compact Local Network in Latvia
Dr. Assylbek Nurgabdeshov, Dean of Faculty of General Education at Almaty Management University, Dr. Peter Hardi from Central European University Business School and Dr. Alenka Bracek Lalic, International Quality Accreditation Director at CEEMAN provided inspiring speeches and presentations about PRME principles implemented to date at their institutions.
At the conclusion of the meeting, a Steering Committee of 8 Members was elected:
- Mrs.Irina Sennikova, PRME Chapter CEE Chair, RISEBA University Rector and CEEMAN Vice – President
- Mrs. Olga Veligurska, CEEMAN Director
- Mr. Assylbek Nurgabdeshov, Dean of Faculty of General Education at Almaty Managament University
- Mr. Yaroslav Pavlov, Director of Distance Learning Programms, IBS- Moscow, RANEPA
- Mr. Mikolaj Pindelski, Assistant Professor, SGH Warsaw School of Economics
- Mr. Dusan Kucera, Assistant Professor University of Economics Prague
- Mr. Gabor Harangozo, Associate Professor Corvinus University of Budapest and Corvinus Business School
- Mrs. Irena Krzan, Project Manager for International Accreditations, Faculty of Economics University of Ljubljana
For the complete meeting agenda, please click here.
The next PRME Chapter CEE meeting will take place in Estonia on 28 September 2016 during the 24th CEEMAN Annual Conference at Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration. CEEMAN will host and organise this event.