Alumni achievements and awards
- Irum Saba (IMTA 2019, IBA, Pakistan) was ranked #17 on the Womani20 list of women with most influence in Islamic business finance by Cambridge IFA. It is the third year in a row that she is included in the ranking. In addition, her latest paper won Emerald Literati Award 2020.
- Miha Škerlavaj (IMTA 2008, CEEMAN Champion in Research 2013, School of Economics and Business, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia) has received Zois award, the highest Slovenian national recognition in research and development, for his contribution to the world science about knowledge and innovation management.
- Liga Peiseniece (IMTA 2013, BA, Latvia) was elected as new Rector of BA School of Business and Finance
IMTA alumni in CEEMAN activities
A number of IMTA alumni contributed in CEEMAN webinars and online discussions in spring and summer, including:
- Know-How webinar with Kaja Prystupa-Rzadca (IMTA 2012, Poland) and Omar Luethi (IMTA 2012, Switzerland) on online teaching;
- Know-How webinar with Joe O'Mahoney (IMTA 2004, UK) on crisis in consulting
- IMTA Global Alumni meet-up with contributions from Vladimir Vulić (IMTA 2005, Montenegro), Tatjana Volkova (IMTA 2003, Latvia), Wolfgang Amann (IMTA 2016, Qatar), and Shiv Tripathi (IMTA 2013, India)
Recordings of the above and other highly relevant sessions are freely available on CEEMAN website.
Kaja and Omar in collaboration with Nikos Mylonopoulos redesigned EdTech online seminar to help faculty further develop their online teaching and tools beyond the pandemic emergency. It took place in October, and the next edition is scheduled for March (registration is open).
IMTA alumni are also very active in the area of publishing, and you can find their work and contributions from CEEMAN network under Publications section on CEEMAN website:
- Andreja Jaklič (IMTA 2004, Faculty of Social Sciences University of Ljubljana, Slovenia), Radmila Janičić (IMTA 2009, Faculty of Organizational Sciences University of Belgrade, Serbia) and Wolfgang Amann (IMTA 2016, HEC Paris, Qatar) in the CEEMAN Conference poster session proceedings
- Bert Wolfs (IMTA 2003, SBS Swiss Business School, Switzerland) both in SBS Journal of Applied Business Research and in his latest article that explores stages of concern between faculty members of university management departments and private business schools about the use of information technology-based education
- Mohamed Buheji (IMTA 2015, International Institute of Inspiration Economy, Bahrain) with several publications, including the recent book “You and the New Normal” co-authored with Chet Sisk
- Zoltan Buzady (IMTA 2015, CEEMAN Champion in Teaching 2018, and CEEMAN/Emerald Case Writing Competition winner 2014&2011), Corvinus University Business School, Hungary) co-authored a chapter “FLIGBY – A Serious Game Tool to Enhance Motivation and Competencies in Entrepreneurship” in a book “Gamification and Advanced Technology to Enhance Motivation in Education”
- Pawel Tadeusz Kazibudzki (IMTA 2001, Opole University of Technology, Poland) co-authored an article “Examination of marketing mix performance in relation to sustainable development of the Poland’s confectionery industry” freely available online
- Nadya Zhexembayeva (IMTA 2009, USA) published a new book "Chief Reinvention Officer Handbook: How to Thrive in Chaos", which received outstanding review by Kirkus. Free 85-page preview of the book is available here.
In addition, see a video with Marge Sasse (IMTA 2017) and Anto Liivat (IMTA 2014) of Estonian Business School about Gamification in Higher Education.
This is certainly not an exhaustive list and we look forward to hearing from more IMTA alumni on their news, achievements, and milestones and sharing them with CEEMAN network!
You can find info on IMTA-International Management Teachers Academy at http://www.ceeman.org/imta