The financial system is already in transition driven by economic and finance strategy oriented towards long-term sustainable and climate-resilient development and also by the digital revolution. According to the above transition, new concepts of finance have emerged in public debate such as green finance, sustainable finance, climate finance, carbon finance. Finance was always an instrument of economic decisions. The aim of finance in the neoclassic market economy was to maximize profits and shareholders value. The new approach to finance is purpose oriented, mission‑oriented, and value‑oriented which is opposite to the traditional role of finance. This approach supports sustainable development, green economy, low carbon economy also adaptation and mitigation of climate change.
The fields of scientific interest of the conference are:
• Sustainable corporate strategies and performance,
• Financial challenges of European Green Deal,
• Sustainable public finance (taxation, sustainable financing of public goods and services, tools and policy levers to meet fiscal sustainability challenges),
• Social justice and inequalities,
• Finance in sustainable healthcare systems—bridging health and finance perspectives, sustainable financing of sin companies and population health,
• Sustainable financial markets (banking , markets, ESG investing),
• Socially Responsible Investment (SRI)
Find more information here.