The 27th CEEMAN Annual Conference, with the working title “Re-Connecting Business and Business Education”, will take place from 25-27 September 2019 in the city of Wrocław, Poland. Wrocław was the European Capital of Culture in 2016 and has won the Best European Destination contest in 2018.
CEEMAN Annual Conference traditionally includes a series of events in order to get to know the business, political and social realities of the host country (including through company visits, experiential workshops, keynote business panels), and to discuss implications, best practices and collaboration in the area of management development (business education keynotes, international panels, roundtable discussions and workshops). Several side events are also organized, such as pre-conference sessions, individual Dean2Dean advisory meetings, CEEMAN’s IQA-International Quality Accreditation session, CEEMAN Annual Meeting, and CEEMAN Awards Ceremony.
The conference will be co-organized with the Wrocław University of Economics (WUE), ranked among the top economic schools of higher education in Poland. Established in 1947, the WUE offers accredited Bachelor's, Master's, MBA, and PhD business programs in Polish and English with the total number of students reaching 11,604 in the latest academic year. It is an important center of education, science and research.
Wednesday, 25 September, Pre-conference events
- 09:30 Conference registration open
- 10:00 - 13:30 Pre-conference workshops
- 14:30 - 17:00 Individual Dean2Dean meetings
- 17:00 - 19:00 Poster session
- 19:00 - 20:00 Welcome drink
Thursday, 26 September
- 09:00 - 09:45 IQA session
- 10:00 - 18:00 27th CEEMAN Annual Conference
- 19:00 Dinner at Spiż Restaurant
Friday, 27 September
- 09:00 – 18:00 27th CEEMAN Annual Conference
- Gala dinner at Topacz Castle
Saturday, 28 September
- 10:00 - 14:00 Sightseeing Tour
We welcome suggestions and ideas from our members on individual sessions, speakers, and format of the main conference and pre-conference events. Please send them to CEEMAN Director Olga Veligurska at email@example.com.
Hotel Mercure Wrocław Centrum
Pl. Dominikański 1
50-159 Wrocław, Poland
The modern Mercure Wrocław Centrum hotel is located in the cultural and commercial center of the city and within its transportation hub zone, close to major tourist attractions, such as the Old Market Square and Ostrów Tumski Island. The hotel has a monitored car park with more than 900 parking spaces. The hotel offers 151 elegant and functional rooms, including suites and Privilege rooms. Each room is air-conditioned and has satellite TV, radio, telephone, and minibar, tea and coffee making facilities, coffee maker (in suites and Privilege rooms) and safe box (in suites, Privilege rooms).
Getting to the Hotel Mercure Wroclaw Centrum
If you arrive by plane
The Wrocław Nicolaus Copernicus Airport is located in the south-west part of Wrocław, about 10 km away from the city center, near the Wrocław motorway bypass. The route to Mercure Hotel can be travelled in several ways. Please remember that the local currency is Polish Zloty (PLN). 1 EUR=4,29 PLN; 1 USD = 3,76 PLN (17.01.2019)
- Taxi/Uber - cost is around PLN 40 (9-10 EUR) and the journey time about 30-40 minutes, however it is important to keep in mind the frequent traffic jams on the route.
- Wro Airport Express - route: Airport - Center (Plac Dominikański). The cost of the ticket is PLN 10 (2 EUR) with the payment made to the driver in cash or by credit card. Journey time is about 30 minutes. On-line ticket purchase is also available at polbus.pl.
- City bus - bus number 106 runs from/to the PKP main railway station every 15 minutes and the whole route takes about 40-50 minutes (depending on the traffic). The route from the PKP railway station to Mercure Hotel is given below. The cost of the ticket is PLN 3.40 (less than 1 EUR) and it can be bought at the stationary ticket machine (cash or payment cards) or directly at the vending machine on the bus (only contactless cards). Night bus line 206 runs the same route. Detailed timetable at www.wroclaw.pl/rozklady-jazdy.
If you arrive by train
The Main Railway Station (PKP) in Wrocław is one of the oldest buildings of this type in Poland. It is located in the very center of the city. You can reach Mercure Hotel via trams 8 or 9, going towards the „Karłowice” stop. You should get off at the „Galeria Dominikańska” stop (two stops from the railway station). The cost of the ticket is PLN 3.40 (less than 1 EUR) and it can be bought at the stationary ticket machine (cash or payment cards) or directly at the vending machine on the bus (only contactless cards). Detailed timetable at www.wroclaw.pl/rozklady-jazdy.
Sponsors and Exhibitors
We kindly invite you to join the conference as a sponsor or exhibitor to present your services to deans and directors from around the world. We offer various exhibition and sponsorship opportunities, but we would also be happy to hear your ideas and suggestions on how to make your presence at the conference most productive. Early-bird rates apply before 1 June!
Read more on the exhibiting package
Early bird fee - before 1 June
- EUR 690 for CEEMAN members
- EUR 950 for non-members
After 1 June
- EUR 820 for CEEMAN members
- EUR 1,100 for non-members
Sponsors and exhibitors